5.1 how it works. Sound tuning programs. How everything should be ideally

Many connoisseurs of music and high-quality sound prefer to use a 5.1 speaker system to listen to compositions and watch high-quality movies. This kind of acoustics essentially consists of six channels to which their own speakers are connected - a subwoofer (low-frequency speaker), two front speakers (left and right), a center front speaker and a pair of rear speakers (also left and right). We'll talk about how to connect 5.1 speakers to a computer below.

5.1 speaker system assembly and installation

The subwoofer is traditionally floor-mounted and houses an amplifier with a power supply to which all other system components are connected. But there are exceptions when the receiver is made separately, and all the acoustics are connected to it. The terminals for connecting each speaker are marked. Front speakers are indicated by FR (front right) and FL (front left), CEN (center), RR (rear right) and RL (rear left). If the subwoofer is passive, that is, it does not include an amplifier, then it is also connected to the receiver itself, which has the corresponding SW marking. In accordance with this marking, the first step is to connect all the speakers and arrange them in the appropriate order in the room.

Connecting speakers to a computer

To connect a 5.1 speaker system to a computer, you need to have a sound card installed that allows you to reproduce sound in 5.1. It can be either a sound card integrated into the motherboard or a sound card installed separately in the PCI slot.

The 5.1 system is connected with three pairs of cables with a mini-jack on one side for connecting directly to a computer, and on the other side “tulips” (stereo RCA) for connecting to the receiver's inputs (Audio Input). Here you should pay attention to the fact that to connect the speakers to the receiver (subwoofer), cinch connectors with the Audio Output designation and the speaker markings (FR, FL, etc.) are also used. Do not plug computer cables into these connectors!

Correctly connecting the audio outputs of your computer to the correct inputs on the receiver will allow you to quickly set up your system and enjoy high-quality sound. So, the front channel (front speakers) should be connected to the green jack, the rear channel (rear speakers) should usually be connected to the black jack, and the subwoofer and center speaker channels should be connected to the orange jack. To ensure that everything is done without errors, you should first carefully study the manual for your motherboard or sound card, which should indicate which of the slots is responsible for a particular channel.

Setting up 5.1 sound in Windows 7/10

After all the cables are connected, you should proceed to setting up acoustics 5.1 in the operating system itself Windows 7 or 10. Open the "Control Panel" and go to the "Sound" section. Here go to the "Playback" tab, where select "Speakers" from the list.

Next, click the "Configure" button at the bottom of the window and select "5.1 surround sound" in the window that opens. At this stage, you can check the correctness of the connection of the speakers by clicking on one or another speaker and checking the correspondence of the speakers to the diagram. If necessary, check that the speakers and audio outputs from the computer are connected properly. Complete your 5.1 audio setup by going through the steps to the end.

As a rule, no further action is required from you, the only thing you should pay attention to is the system operating mode switch on the receiver (subwoofer). On many models, in addition to 5.1, there are other modes of operation, such as stereo and with a digital input - SPDIF. When connecting in the above way, the switch must be set to position 5.1. If your sound card does not support 5-channel audio, then you can play normal stereo sound on a 5.1 system simply by moving the corresponding switch to the desired position. Of course, in this case, you will not be able to enjoy truly five-channel sound. The same goes for the audio files themselves, which are recorded as stereo. Even when using a 5.1 sound card, they will sound like stereo, only on 5 pairs of speakers.

So, you became the proud owner of 5.1-channel computer speakers (AC / speaker system / acoustics) and correctly connected them to the sound card. What's next? In this note, I will tell you in detail and "pictures" point by point how to correctly and quickly set up sound in windows 7 using the Control Panel and the Realtek HD audio dispatcher. In the last point I will also mention the rating South Korean media player PotPlayer. Who is interested - read further after the button of the same name.

1. Our short digging in the settings will start with calling the "window" control panel ("Start" → "Control Panel"). Find and open the "Sound" parameter (applet) → then, on the "Playback" main tab, designate the "Speakers" playback device → on the bottom left, click on the "Configure" button (see the first screenshot). In the window that opens, in the "Sound channels" list, select "5.1 surround sound", after which we do not forget to click on the "Check" button (of course, all speakers must emit sound). After passing the test, we will move on to the next settings, where you need to specify which speakers will be broadband, rear, etc.

2. Having properly configured the speakers and clicking on "Finish", return to our multi-tabbed "Sound" window → select "Speakers" again, look at the "Properties" → in the "Properties: Speakers" window on the "Improvements" tab, put a checkmark in front of the item " Environment ", confirming the change with the" OK "button (screenshot). This completes our manipulations with the "Sound" applet.

3. Now let's open the Realtek audio manager (see the "Realtek HD" parameter in the windows control panel). On the "Speakers" tab, select the "5.1 speaker" configuration → in the same place, check that the "Virtual environment" and "Bass control connection" items are activated. Close the dispatcher with the "OK" button (screenshot), and the control panel - of course, with a "cross".

Note: You can download the dispatcher with the driver package for Realtek sound cards from the official site here (see "High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)").

4. If the media files in your system are opened not by the built-in (windows Media Player), but by a third-party player, then the final "digging" will be to change the channel settings from stereo to "5 + 1". For example, for the test winner "Choosing the best media player for windows OS: a comparative review of programs for playing audio and video files" Daum PotPlayer "digging" are as follows: while the program is running, press F5 ("Settings") → on the "Audio" tab in the "Speakers" setting "change" 2.0 stereo "to" 3/0/2 + LFE - 5.1 channels "→" OK "(screenshot).

Actually, that's all - not too difficult and time-consuming. All that remains is to appreciate the surround sound by launching your favorite Dolby Digital (DTS) movie.

Dmitry dmitry_spb Evdokimov

TestSoft.su

Setting up 5.1 sound in windows 7

Surround sound lovers - hello! Customization can be done using the control panel and Realtek Sound Manager. Open Start> Control Panel> Sound. Find a tab there called "Playback", then select the "Speakers" icon and go to "Configure". If you see a green arrow there, then it indicates that this device is currently in use.

Initially, you should check if you have a codec at all for playback and sound settings. If not, you can download realtek for windows 7 at any time. Those who have already downloaded realtek hd for windows 7 and 8 will not have to spend a lot of time setting up, the sound will now be excellent.

In the window that you have opened in the list, you should find "5.1 surround sound" and there click on "Check". After that, you should hear the sound from all speakers. It is also important to note that if you do not hear sound from all speakers, then you can try to select "7.1 surround sound" instead of 5.1.

After you pass the test, then click on "Next". Next, you will need to select in the settings which speakers should be rear, wideband, side, etc. When you finish working with the wizard, you will again need to select the "Speakers" icon and go to "Properties". Having found the "Properties: Speakers" window, go to the tab called "Additional Features" and there check the "Virtual Surround Sound" box, and then click the "OK" button. Then you can check the parameters of the installed sound effects again.

coolinfoo.ru

Setting up surround sound in windows 7 and windows 8

Hello dear readers. Today's article will be especially helpful for music lovers as I show you how to set up surround sound in windows 7 or 8 operating system.

The first thing you will need is to purchase speakers and a good sound card. Let's assume that you already have these two components. Then, be sure to install the drivers for your sound card. You can find out the name of your "sound" using the "Everest" program or any other similar program.

Next, we connect the previously purchased stereo system to the computer. For better sound quality I would recommend using a 7.1 system, but 5.1 is fine too. The 5.1 stereo system is connected to the system unit via the following outputs:

• Orange - subwoofer and center speaker;
  • Green - front speakers;
  • Black - rear speakers.
At home I use a 5.1 stereo system, so I only know if it is connected correctly. You can search about 7.1 on other pages of the sites, otherwise I may be mistaken and explain it to you incorrectly. By the way, do not forget that surround sound also depends on the location of the speakers in the room. Let me give you a few examples of how to properly arrange speakers from stereos. Now let's get back to the drivers. Let me remind you that you definitely need to install the drivers for your sound card. In addition, a software disc should have been included with your stereo system. Install it on your computer too. Usually, the software (drivers or utilities) that come with the system can be easily installed on windows 7 or 8. If there was no disk, then try looking for software on the official website of the manufacturer of your speakers. Let's assume you have everything installed, connected, etc. Now let's go directly to the surround sound setup itself for windows 7 or 8. Why for both operating systems at once? Because the principle of setting is absolutely identical. So let's go. Go to the "Start" menu and click "Toolbar". Then select the category "Hardware and Sound", and then click "Sound".

The Sound dialog box will open and you will see the devices connected to your computer for sound output. Make sure the audio devices you want to configure are set to "default".

A new "Setup Speaker" dialog will now open. In my case, two channels appeared in the list of audio channels: Stereo and 5.1 Surround. In your case, it might be 7.1 Surround or some other name. It only depends on the hardware you have connected.

Selects 5.1 Surround channel. If you just set the value to Stereo, then only two speakers will "light up" on the image in the window, if 5.1 - add four additional speakers and 7.1 - add five additional

speakers.
Then I recommend testing by clicking on the "Test" button. At the end of testing, click "Next" and go to the additional surround sound settings in windows 7 or 8. I advise you not to change anything here, because the operating system automatically adjusts to the optimal characteristics.

At the very end, you will receive a message that the setup was completed successfully. Click the Finish button and you will finish setting up surround sound in windows 7 or 8.

Using this small instruction, you will be able to do everything yourself, without resorting to calling masters or special services. In the end, I would also like to recommend that you read the article that was previously published on our website about one very useful program with which you can convert sound in a matter of minutes in your favorite mp3 compositions, from mono to stereo and vice versa, from stereo in mono.

vgtk.ru

Configuring 5.1 audio via S / PDIF in windows 7

There is a computer with Win 7 on board There is a 5.1 receiver with support for DTS and DolbyDigital When connected via a digital output, the sound goes only in stereo mode At the same time, for movies with DTS or DD tracks, 5.1 works only in windows Media Player Movies with normal 5.1 tracks are played as stereo. When connected via analog, everything is ok. How to enable 5.1 by default for the whole system? - Sound card - built-in Realtek ALC888 / 1200 Receiver Kenwood KRF V4070

latest version of Klite and AC3Filter

• The question was asked more than three years ago
Subscribe 4 Comment
  • Solved the problem by purchasing a sound card with DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE support! (Creative audigy 4) and the library of the same name on the off. manufacturer's website. Satisfied, I advise.

Thanks for answers.

Like Comment

Invite an expert
  • my 5.1 worked great for movies in VLC (in the settings, select "All parameters", the Sound section, the "Use S / PDIF if available" checkbox). It is unlikely that it will work for the entire system. Like Comment
  • "Movies with normal 5.1 tracks" - what are these ordinary ones? Multi-channel movie tracks can be encoded in various formats (DTS, DolbyDigital, etc.). If the track standard matches the capabilities of your receiver (a bunch of icons on the front panel), then it will reproduce multichannel sound. If this is a game or something else different from what he knows how to decode, then you will not hear anything. A sound card in this case can reproduce the whole thing because its capabilities are not limited by DTS or DolbyDigital. - Similarity of the solution: The receivers have modes of virtual decomposition of stereo signals to all 5.1 channels. This is usually Dolby ProLogic or similar. Check the instructions for your receiver. Then all 5 speakers will play for you, although the signal at the input will be stereo.

And yet, by default for AC3Filter the option for outputting the signal to SPDIF is not set.

Like Comment

• Good day! I decided not to create a new topic, the question is almost the same. there is an LG TV 42 "with S / PDIF output on board, a PC with a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express sound card on board S / PDIF in, 5.1 analog acoustics. We want to watch movies with DTS with 5.1 sound. with TV everything is OK, the output from the computer is also OK, but the input is only stereo firewood is all there.

I set up (3-4 years ago) everything worked, but the other day I reinstalled Windows and sailed, I remember I also suffered for a long time, help with advice where to dig

Like 1 comment

The most interesting in 24 hours

Surely, almost every user wants the sound reproduced by his computer to be of the highest quality. If you are one of them, then most likely you are thinking about how you can improve it. The most effective solution, of course, will be to buy better equipment, such as a good audio system, an additional sound card, and so on.

However, you can do without this, because there are many programs designed to tune and improve the sound quality of your computer. The most effective of them will be presented in this material.

The most popular driver package for customizing Realtek's on-board sound cards. Provides basic audio customization.

Unlike competitors, it ensures the correct operation of the sound card and has only the most necessary functions.

Volume2

A small program that replaces the standard Windows volume control. In addition to standard features, it has several additional functions.

Possessing the smallest functionality among other programs, Volume2 aims only to increase the convenience of adjusting the volume and does an excellent job with it.

FxSound Enhancer

FxSound Enhancer has a small set of simple yet powerful sound enhancement tools. They allow you to raise the sound quality in real time.

This program allows you to adjust certain sound parameters, such as, for example, increasing the clarity and boosting low-frequency sounds. However, its free version has a few stripped down features.

ViPER4Windows

This program has tremendous possibilities for sound customization. With the right skill, you can achieve almost professional sound quality.

ViPER4Windows includes all the same features as FxSound Enhancer, and, in general, has the largest set of tools for changing sound parameters among its competitors, but also requires some knowledge to get a quality result.

All of the above programs for changing the sound parameters have the necessary functions to improve the sound. You just have to choose the most suitable for yourself.

Hello dear readers. Today's article will be especially helpful for music lovers as I show you how to set up surround sound on Windows 7 or 8.

The first thing you will need is to purchase speakers and a good sound card. Let's assume that you already have these two components. Then, be sure to install the drivers for your sound card. You can find out the name of your "sound" using the program " Everest "Or any other similar.

The 5.1 stereo system is connected to the system unit via the following outputs:

• Orange - subwoofer and center speaker;
  • Green - front speakers;
  • Black - rear speakers.
At home I use a 5.1 stereo system, so I only know if it is connected correctly. About 7.1, you can search on other pages of the sites, otherwise I may be mistaken and explain it to you incorrectly

By the way, do not forget that surround sound also depends on the location of the speakers in the room. I will give a few examples of how to properly arrange speakers from stereos.

Now let's get back to the drivers. Let me remind you that you definitely need to install the drivers for your sound card. In addition, a software disc should have been included with your stereo system. Install it on your computer too. Usually the software (drivers or utilities) included with the system can be easily installed on Windows 7 or 8.

If there was no disk, then try looking for software on the official website of the manufacturer of your speakers.

Let's assume you have everything installed, connected, etc. Now let's go directly to the surround sound setup itself for Windows 7 or 8. Why for both operating systems at once? Because the principle of setting is absolutely identical.

So let's go. We go to the menu " Start"And click" Toolbar". Then we select the category “ Hardware and Sound", And then click" Sound».

The " Sound", In which you will see the devices connected to your computer for sound output. Make sure the audio devices you want to configure are set to "default" .

A new dialog box will now open " Setup Speaker". In my case, two channels appeared in the list of audio channels: Stereo and 5.1 Surround... In your case it might be 7.1 Surround or some other name. It only depends on the hardware you have connected.

Selects a channel 5.1 Surround... If you just set the value Stereo, then only two columns will "light up" on the image in the window, if 5.1 - four additional columns will be added and 7.1 - five additional
speakers.

Then I recommend testing by clicking on the button " Test". At the end of testing, click " Next"And move on to the additional surround sound settings in Windows 7 or 8. I advise you not to change anything here, because the operating system automatically adjusts to the optimal characteristics.

At the very end, you will receive a message that the setup was completed successfully. Click the " Finish”And you are done setting up surround sound in Windows 7 or 8.

Using this small instruction, you will be able to do everything yourself, without resorting to calling masters or special services. In the end, I would also like to recommend that you read the article, which was previously published on our website, about one very useful program with which you can convert sound in your favorite mp3 compositions in a matter of minutes.

First of all, after connecting the multi-component speaker system, the correct settings must be made in the computer operating system. As you know, this speaker system has three output connectors that are connected to the microphone input, line input and line output of the system unit. Therefore, it is necessary to convert the input jacks to the output signal. Moreover, the change in the functioning of the connectors must be made in such a way that they give the correct signal for the acoustic system, because in the case of using the 5.1 system, the general sound signal is divided into components associated with one or another part of the speaker system.

Open your computer's control panel. Go to the Hardware and Sound section. Then click on the "Manage audio devices" button. In the window that opens, you will see the device. Highlight this device and click on the "Configure" button. Select 5.1 Surround Sound. The audio signals will now be properly routed to the audio ports.

Software settings

Sound parameter settings provided by the speaker manufacturer's software include each speaker volume controls, tone controls, equalizer, and surround settings. In the program, you can also select the type of speaker system, implying a certain number of speakers. In this section, select "Sound 5.1". The main window of the program displays the location of the speakers in the area of ​​the sound receiver, that is, the listener. Each of the columns can be positioned as it stands in real life. By clicking on the icon of a particular speaker, a volume control appears. Thus, it is possible to adjust the overall sound of the system so that the sound seems evenly distributed in space.

Note that any specific speaker volume setting on the system can be saved. This is convenient if you frequently rearrange the room by swapping speakers. After adjusting the volume, check the surround sound quality. For this purpose there is a button, when pressed, some standard stereo sound is heard. You can also check the correctness of connection of all speakers in the system to the common node by double-clicking on each of them in the sound settings program. You will hear the sound from this speaker and will be able to check the correspondence.